“Backstage at the Opera” is an opportunity to explore our upcoming production of Mozart’s The Magic Flute! Participants will learn about the composer (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart), the music, and attend a rehearsal.
Classes will take place over the course of three Sundays (January 29, February 5, and February 12) at 2P.M. During that time you will learn:
- About Mozart’s life
- History of The Magic Flute
- Opera Process
- What happens backstage
“Backstage at the Opera,” will be led by Dr. William Manning Mouat (Alberta Bair Theater Education Director, chorus master for The Magic Flute), Douglas Nagel (Assistant Professor Montana State University Department of Music,German Dialect coach for The Magic Flute), and Justin Ward (Tenor, soloist NOVA board vice president, Monostatos in The Magic Flute).
- Tuition-$30. Payment can be made at the first class session at NOVA.
- Dates–January 29, February 5, February 12
- Time–2 P.M.
- Length of Classes–1.5-2 hours
- Register-Call NOVA’s box office at 406.591.9535