Assistant poistions, scholarships and low income tuition are available with application. Monthly payments are available to Core Camp and Intensive Camp students. Please contact Youth Director, Dan Nickerson (Youth@NOVABillings.org) for more information.
August 6-10, 9AM-5PM (Grades 7-12)
Students learn to enhance their acting, directing or musical theatre skills. In this week long course, incoming 7th-12th grade students will have a college like experience, picking one of the three disciplines (Acting, Directing or Musical Theatre). This camp runs August 6-10, 9AM-5PM. The program ends with a showcase on Saturday, August 11 @ 12PM consisting of student acted and directed scenes. Mandatory auditions will be Sunday, August 5 from 5-7PM at NOVA. Depending on your discipline, please come prepared with a theatrical resume along with a 2-minute audition monologue, a short two person scene you’ve directed or 32 bars of a musical theatre number. See requirements below. Tuition for this camp is $225. If you register by July 17, you will receive a $20 discount.
ACTING EMPHASIS: Theatrical Resume and 1-2 minute contemporary monologue. If you are having trouble finding a monologue follow this link or use any of the following monologues:
– Mr. Zyclo from “Anon(ymous)” by Naomi Iizuka
DIRECTING EMPHASIS: Theatrical Resume and a two person scene you’ve directed. Make sure you keep it under 5 minutes and incorporate dynamic staging, distinct characters and any sounds cues. A CD player and auxiliary chord will be available along with tables, chairs and actor blocks. Scenes do not need to be fully memorized but it always helps. If you are having trouble finding a scene feel free use any of the following:
1 Female/ 1 Male
– Pace & Dalton in “A Trestle at Pope Lick Creek” by Naomi Wallace
MUSICAL THEATRE EMPHASIS: Please come prepared with a theatrical resume along with 32 bars (verse and chorus) of a Broadway musical number. You may bring sheet music or sheet music. A CD player and aux chord and accompanist will be available. If you are using sheet music, please mark the start and end of your selected piece. NO ACAPELLA! You may also be asked to learn a short dance combo so be sure to bring movement clothes if you intend to dress up…..which doesn’t hurt. Treat this as a professional audition. If you are having trouble finding a song, please feel free to look at any of the following characters (unfortunately, for legal reasons, we cannot provide you with any sheet music. Any Broadway sheet music can be found at www.musicnotes.com).
– Don Quixote from Man of La’ Mancha (see “Impossible Dream”)
– Tevya from Fiddler on the Roof (see “If I Were a Rich Man”)
– Gabe from Next to Normal (see “I’m Alive”)
– Bobby Strong from Urinetown: The Musical (see “Look at the Sky” or “Run Freedom Run”)
– Jack from Into the Woods (see “Look at the Sky)….except you Harley!
– Billy from Anything Goes (see “All Through the Night”)
– Freddy Einsford Hill from My Fair Lady (see “Street Where You Live”)
– Mrs Lovett from Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (see “Wait”)
– Millie from Thoroughly Modern Millie (see “Gimmie, Gimmie”)
– Mrs Pennywise from Urinetown: The Musical (see “Privilege to Pee”)
– Natalie from Next to Normal (see “Superboy and the Invisible Girl”)
– Fiona from Shrek: The Musical (see “Morning Person”)
– Maria from The Sound of Music (see “Confidence”)
– Maria from West Side Story (see “I Feel Pretty”)