Job Summary: Execute the two-week Venture Into Schools program at area schools.
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, part time, 10-15 hours per event booked
Reports to: Managing Producer
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operate Venture Into Schools program with budget received from Finance Director and Managing Producer.
Execute Venture Into Schools Program
- Responsible for the execution of Venture Into Schools programs that are currently booked.
- Apply professional standards in executing the Venture Into Schools programs and meeting the expectations and obligations of the program.
- Answer phone calls and monitor and respond to email as they pertain to the Venture Into Schools program.
- Recruit and schedule school volunteers to perform daily operations as needed to meet required student/supervisor ratios.
- Employee’s personal vehicle will be used to transport Venture Into Schools props/supplies and mileage in town is included in the base pay. Mileage for out of town shows will be reimbursed at the current IRS rate.
Outreach/Public Relations/Community Relations
- Maintain contacts with area schools and PTA groups.
- Promote Conservatory class enrollment, current shows, and programs.
- Experience with youth education, preferably in a theater setting.
- Previous non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience with fundraising/development, or related work experience.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other basic programs.
- Experience organizing and managing in an office setting.
- Grant writing experience a plus, but not required.
- Hours: Part time; fixed hours worked during normal school hours, additional flexible hours for preparation and interim responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits
Pay shall be $500.00 for each Venture Into Schools program paid upon successful completion of the program. Subject to a six month probation period, with an evaluation at 90 days.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to NOVA Center of the Performing Arts Director Search, PO Box 11, Billings, MT 59103. Applications are accepted until position filled. Preferred hire date: As soon as possible. All volunteers, contract workers and employees must consent to a background check.